Modafferi got this title shot, because Sijara Eubanks missed weight and went to the hospital. They both came out throwing punches to start the first round, and then Modafferi pulled guard halfway through the round, tried to setup an armbar, couldn't get it, so they eventually stood back up with a minute left in the round, but Modafferi quickly took down Montano at that point, and dropped some decent punches & elbows from side control until the end of the round. Round one goes to Modafferi.
     These girls both came out swinging to start the second round, Modafferi blasted Montano with a hard shot, and then chased her around the cage while swinging wildly with both hands. Montano recovered a minute into the round, and they went back to standing in the center, trading random punches & kicks. They continued to trade strikes for most of the round, and then Modafferi took down Montano in the final 45 seconds, and landed directly into a triangle choke, but Montano only had her foot under her knee, so she wasn't able to lock it on quite tight enough, so Modafferi survived until the end of the round, while Montano pounded on her with elbows from the triangle. Round two clearly goes to Montano.
     The third round was another round of striking, with Montano outstriking Modafferi, so at this point, Montano is probably ahead 29-28, if not 30-27, going into the Championship rounds. Montano unloaded on Modafferi in the first 90 seconds of the fourth round, pressuring her against the fence with a barrage of nonstop punches. Montano then threw Modafferi to the ground, and tried to setup a D'Arce choke, but Modafferi was able to work her way back to her feet against the fence. From that point forward, the rest of the fight featured Montano taking down Modafferi, and beating her up on the ground all the way up until the end of the final round. Modafferi was scrambling around like a maniac the entire time, but this should be a clear decision for Montano, maybe even 50-45. Modafferi ALMOST finished with an armbar in the final 30 seconds, but Montano was able to pull her arm free, leading to the clear cut unanimous decision victory. That was a fantastic fight, and congratulations to Nicco Montano, the first ever, UFC Women's Flyweight Champion.
     Honchak punched Montano with some hard shots, and then clinched, pressed her against the fence, and Montano unloaded on her with some defensive knees to the body & face. They exchanged some strikes from the clinch, and then Montano dumped Honchak to the ground with a surprising takedown with around 90 seconds left in the round. Montano started chopping away at Honchak with some short elbows from half mount, while Honchak just kind of flailed around on the ground. Those elbows sounded like they really sucked for Honchak. Round one clearly goes to Nicco Montano.
     They exchanged a few random strikes to start the second round, and then Montano clinched and pressed Honchak against the fence. Montano chipped away at Honchak with some strikes, and then Honchak eventually took control of the clinch, and chipped away with a few strikes of her own. Even though Honchak was pressing Montano against the fence, I still think Montano was landing the harder strikes, and she was throwing more often as well. They reset with 90 seconds left in the round. They both traded some hard punches, Montano worked in some interesting elbows, and in my opinion, Montano COULD win this fight, 20-18 after two rounds, but Honchak tripped her in the final seconds of the round, so that was probably enough to steal the round for Honchak.
     Honchak landed a few solid punches to start the final round, and then Montano landed a head kick, Honchak caught it, and after an awkward clinch, Montano took Honchak's back as they both collapsed. Montano tried to setup a rear-naked choke, but Honchak was able to crawl back to her feet, as Montano continued to chip away with knees from the back clinch against the fence. Honchak finally broke free and reset 2 minutes into the final round. They clinched again, and Honchak landed some brutal knees to the body of Montano. Montano took control of the clinch again with 2 minutes left in the fight. They continued to blast each other with hard strikes from the clinch, and then they reset with 30 seconds left, they traded some strikes, and then Montano scored a final takedown with 20 seconds left in the fight. This should be a 29-28 decision for Montano, getting one of the biggest upsets I've seen on The Ultimate Fighter. All 3 judges agreed, with two of them giving her all 3 rounds, for the unanimous decision victory. I like Nicco Montano a lot.
      These girls spent the first round trading a lot of punches & kicks, and then in the last two minutes of the round, Stewart tried to score a takedown, but Montano was able to stuff her shots, while fending her off with some hard knees from the clinch. The entire right side of Stewart's face was covered in blood by the end of the round, due to a cut high up on her forehead. That was a hard fought round, but I'm giving that round to Montano, especially with that massive cut she opened up on Stewart's forehead.
      The second round started with Montano landing some really solid shots, and then she took down Stewart a minute into the round, but Stewart immediately caught her in a tight guillotine choke, but Montano was able to pass to side control, where she dropped some short elbows, while leaving her head lodged under Stewart's arm. I'm assuming Montano has never heard of the Von Flue Choke? She postured up, and unloaded with some brutal hammerfists, while Stewart flailed around on the ground, trying to find her guard. Stewart had some decent scrambles, but she had SO MUCH BLOOD coming out of her head, and Montano was beating the living shit out of her, I really started to feel bad for Stewart. Montano's ground & pound was fucking brutal, as Stewart's forehead was just grinding helplessly against the canvas. She finally worked her way back to her feet with 40 seconds left in the fight, but Montano continued to destroy her with brutal knees from the clinch. That was a 10-8 round for Montano, but I hope the UFC keeps Stewart in mind for future fights, because she showed a ton of heart in this fight. All 3 judges agreed, giving the unanimous decision victory to Nicco Montano after two rounds. I don't know if I've EVER seen that much blood come from a fighter's head in a single fight. That was fucking brutal.
      The first round had Murphy landing a few strikes, and then they clinched for a good portion of the round, with Montano pressing Murphy against the fence for a while, showing a decent amount of strength from the clinch. They split up with 40 seconds left in the opening round, they traded a few strikes, and Murphy probably landed the better strikes overall, so I'm giving that round to Murphy, but Montano kept it close, so I'm not 100% sure who won that round.
     Murphy shot for a takedown early in the second round, and she planted Montano on the ground a minute into the round, while pressing her against the fence. Montano threw a lot of sharp elbows at the side of Murphy's head, but I feel like Murphy's braids were protecting her from getting cut. They eventually stood back up halfway through the round, and Murphy continued to press Montano against the fence for some heavy clinching. They traded control of the clinch until the final minute, where they resorted to kickboxing with each other at a similar pace. To be honest, I would probably score this fight 20-18 for Murphy, but I think it was close enough that they should go to a third round. The judges gave the unanimous decision to #14 ranked seed, Nicco Montano, in a win that will probably be one of the biggest upsets of the season.